various phases of mobile app development lifecycle
A mobile app is a necessity in today’s scenario. Every business needs it. Building a mobile app is not a smooth task, it contains a lot of up and down in it. There is a complete lifecycle which needs to be followed with all steps.
In this post, we would like to explain the required steps for mobile app development.
Let’s get started –
1. An idea to analyze and resolute
Inaugurating an idea to your existing problems must have a potential solution. Identify your problems and find out feasible solutions for it. Evaluate how an app could solve your problems? You have to spend a considerable amount of time to understand your idea and its challenges, validity, and viability.
Planning and research – After performing deep brainstorming on app idea, you have to make aims and planning that cover your app development rigidly. First, discover aims of making this app. What you want in it – is it a free app or paid one? And what features you are offering? Analyze your competition while drawing planning related to app development. Calculate time, cost and other important factors in this stage. Do a thorough research of each and every aspect.
Also Read: - Latest Trends For Mobile App Development
2. Comprehensive Designing for better UX/UI
This stage is crucial one where you have to actually land very closely on app development. A workflow design and chart is required to create boundaries responsibilities. And, these responsibilities must be assigned to the concerned people as well.
Have your project development team with you and discuss their roles and train them with extra requirements of the project.
Mobile app developers should also take part in each activity from the very beginning. In this stage, you can ask them to create their lightweight prototype. Design stage includes two types of design.
- UI/UX design - A stunning app must have a nice user interface and user experience. Without considering UI/UX design into consideration, your app may break when users reached it. The first step to craft an app is to consider its design. Users will love your app if it has attractive looks, cool design, easy to navigate and deliver the main functioning in just fewer interactions. It is important to understand the concept of UI/UX designs deeply.
- Information architecture - It is the sub stage where you have to decide what data needs to be input in your app and for which functionality. Just have a paper and note down the list of displays. These elements are the basic building blocks of wireframes.
- Wireframes - It shows the visual concept of a future app. You can craft it on paper or whiteboards to display each item of the app. There are different screens are displayed to show the functionality. It is easy to make changes in wireframe than to implement the code. It shows page element, possible actions, object categories, and visual branding elements.
- Workflows - In workflows, we define the pathways for users. Make sure your users see every item of your app, each click must be intuitive. The common tasks should be performed in just a few clicks. You can update your changes in the wireframe at the point where you find the problems.
- Click through models - These models help you test wireframes and workflows. It provides more realistic testing for wireframes models. The clients and team members are included to identify scope and improvements in the design.
- User interface design - The UI design of an app emphasizes the presentation of the app. See the following points to understand it.
- Style guides - During app development, a style guide is a necessary asset as it gives consistency in visual identity. The interface design must be logical as per the app’s functionality. Comfort your users by providing consistency design language. It includes call-to-action buttons and other elements. In this phase, you have to present who you are and what your customers are looking for. For example, if demographics show that your app is going to be used at night, use dark themes. If the app is for employees, the colors must be fresh and bright to awaken them.
- Rendered designs - It is the process of coming forward with your wireframes and adding a style guide. For each wireframe screen, a rendered screen should be available. Make sure to have a consistent design after this stage.
3. Integration Mobile app development stages
After completing designing stages, you have to put efforts in core development. The development stage is a vital stage and it needs to be attempt after completing previous stages properly. Many organizations fail to attempt proper development because of incomplete procedures.
A team should be proficient in design and development both. The developers must implement the formed strategies with the latest tools and technology. First, make a list of required tools. There are various apps development platforms such as GoodBarber, Shopgate, and Build fire which you can use. In development, there are two following main phases-
- Alpha - In this stage, we have to put every core functionality in the app. The app is not tested at this stage and hence it is having bugs.
- Beta - Some non-core functionalities are incorporated in this stage. A light testing is also performed on the app to fix some bugs. The app is released for some users in order to check its functionality from the end user’s perspective.
After fixing bugs completely, the app is going to be released for candidate phase. Your developers must have an account for the app stores where the app is going to be published. Developers must be allotted with complete resources and limitations to avoid any code burden. Use flexible approaches and transparent methods while developing apps as it will allow the client’s exposure to the project and brings 100% satisfaction in output.
4. Test your app before making it live
It’s a fruitful stage which detects bugs and helps cost reduction. The more you go into development more it becomes complex to fix the bugs. Always perform testing from the initial stage, it keeps your final costs low. Stick to your previous designs and strategy while building test cases.
You can test for each feature in-app. The features which are functioning in the beta version may fail during candidate testing phase. Let’s take a glance at the types of testing involves –
- Usability testing
- Performance and functionality testing
- Interface testing
- Compatibility testing
- Services testing
- Low-level resource testing
- Operational testing
- Security testing
You can also go for tools to test your app apart from manual testing. Testflight, Appium, and Bugsee are some popular tools.
5. Perfecting App for a Successful launch
This stage is about to present the app in front of end users. Whatever you invested in our app will result here. The ultimate aim of a business is to increase the reach of their app. This phase includes –
- App store Optimization – While downloading your app, users see the reviews and rankings. If your reviews are good and ratings are high, your app will be downloaded by many users.
- SEO - Get ready for SEO of your app. You can perform various activities like guest blogging, backlinks, and website or web page optimization.
- Website or landing page - Create a specific web page or a website for your app. The website should be a proper package with attractive images and graphics along with relevant content. It will improve the trust factor for users.
- Mailing list - keep your users engaged with emails related to apps. You can also allow them to test beta versions.
- Paid ads - Google, Facebook, and Twitter are good for advertising. Fix your budget, analyze the target market and invest in paid promotions.
- Public relations - Media and influencer marketing are the popular marketing trends which can drive your app downloads before launching the app.
Let’s wrap up -
Developing an app is not a tough task but it involves the step by step procedure. Each step should be performed with smartness. Every effort will be counted at the time whenever the users will open the app.
Hope this post may help you in grasping the steps of mobile app development. If you further feel to ask any question, you are free to ask. Just leave it in the comment section. All the best!!